Saturday, April 23, 2011

Photos: Mount Kanlaon (active), Negros Occidental, Philippines

I've made this flight more times than I can remember, but somehow we went by a slightly different route. I don't know why, but I'm glad. This is the first time I've looked down a volcano's throat.

This mountain range has lurked in the background of my hometown my whole life, with its looming crocodile shape. I've seen it from above quite often, but I've never had this spectacular a view of it before. I'll never think of it the same way again.

How lucky to have a camera at hand just when this view passed under my window!



The above photo is my favourite shot, although it's not as carefully composed. Staaaaaaaaaaare into the Pit...it yawns.

Clouds pouring over the ridge...I love the variations in texture.

Sometimes even a lifelong routine can become an unexpected adventure. What a lovely surprise! And just right for Earth Day--which was when these pictures were taken.

(I do realise I've practically foursquared myself with this post, but hopefully none of my stalkers are in the area. j/k)

No comments: