Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Calligraphy: if the eyes are the windows...what is the door?

Noodler's Bulletproof Black and Ecoline Graphic White ink
with Speedball C-4 and Leonardt 801 nibs on Muji craft paper.

Several years ago when I was obsessed with doors, I wrote this down in my diary. Then I made it into an artwork. Now that I am getting a little more serious with my calligraphy, I wanted to revisit and refine this thought.

So many people think of the eyes as silent communicators, and of the mouth as verbal. But when we choose to hold something back, to close the door of our mouth before the words escape, that can be just as great a sign of our character.

2 comments:

Love Design Life said...

D'you want your calligraphy pen set back? I haven't used them yet, so I don't mind returning them to you.

Pere said...

Thanks, but I actually got given an identical set. The broad tips are great for mixing colours.